Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distressing call

The other night my husband and I got a threatening phone call but the strange thing was when his phone rang my name came up looking like I was calling him and the same happened when my phone called his name came up on my phone. has anyone ever had that happened or know how it can be done. I have spoken to my phone provider to trace the call and they can't as the caller had to call 3 times. i hope someone can shed some light on this as I wouls love to know how this can be done.

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 9:24 PM

8 replies

Mar 6, 2015 5:07 AM in response to Kangaroos01

Go to the Contacts, and check to see if under your contact on his phone (and vice versa) there has been an extra number added. For example, I have a single contact that I add all 'spammer/scammer' numbers to, and I block that contact. So whenever a new spammer/scammer number calls me, I just add it to the contact.

I'm wondering if you may have inadvertently added the offending number to an existing contact.

Mar 6, 2015 5:45 PM in response to Kangaroos01

You can contact iTunes store using the iTunes HELP menu.

I agree that the app is dicey. It has many uses that would clearly be illegal; it is not just for "practical jokes." Sending a fake caller ID violates federal law in the US, so anyone using this app could be prosecuted. I've notified the forum management team, and I hope they forward the information to iTunes Store management.

Of course, this service is also offered over the web by dozens of shady businesses, so removing the app doesn't solve the problem.

Mar 6, 2015 5:58 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

This app actually connects to an outside web service to place the calls and they are not free. There are also text versions for the same thing and there are more in the App Store than just this one. It is not illegal for an individual to block or spoof their caller ID otherwise all of these sites would have been taken down by now. It is illegal for solicitation calls to do so and about 1% actually obey this law.

Mar 6, 2015 6:10 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you so much for informing iTunes . I hope they can do something . I have also notified the spoofcard app to see if they can get the number where it came from. The police have been notified as well as I know on the app there are privacy laws in place but in these instances I am sure they will be able to get the information from them. Thanks again

Distressing call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.