Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Safari audio file downloads

Just downloaded an audio file, using Safari, to my iPad. Now, how do I save it for future offline access?

IT's playable on the open web page but I see no save options to an audio app such as iOS' Music app.

Thanks,

bob

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 11:20 PM

You can't save it to the Music app, you can only get content into that by syncing it from your computer's iTunes or buying/downloading it in the iTunes store app.

Do you have any other app that supports that type of audio file, or do you have a downloader app which has a browser option in it which you could could download the file directly in ?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2015 11:20 PM in response to Bob Savryk

You can't save it to the Music app, you can only get content into that by syncing it from your computer's iTunes or buying/downloading it in the iTunes store app.

Do you have any other app that supports that type of audio file, or do you have a downloader app which has a browser option in it which you could could download the file directly in ?

Mar 6, 2015 2:09 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks King for your response.

THose were here two good questions: an app that supports the audio file type; I think it is MP3 based on the Safari URL.

ANd, a Downloader app I do not have.

I suppose that I could try to download the audio file to a desktop Mac then import to iTunes then connect the iPad to the desktop then copy the audio file to the iPad.? But where does it end up on the iPad?

bob

Mar 6, 2015 10:23 PM in response to Bob Savryk

If you download it on your Mac then if it is an MP3 file (or another supported type of audio file) then you could add it to your Mac's iTunes via File > Add To Library, or by dragging-and-dropping it into iTunes - it should then show in the Music part of your Mac's iTunes library. When you connect your iPad to your Mac's it should then show on its Music tab for selecting and syncing to its Music app.

Saving Safari audio file downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.