Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro not sleeping/turning off correctly and overheating

Hello guys, I'm currently quite worried about my Macbook Pro. A couple weeks ago I spilled a bit of water on the keyboard, brought it to a repair shop, they cleaned it and told me everything worked except the keyboard which they made me replace.

Since I got it back, it's been having all sorts of problems. Whenever I try to put it to sleep or close the lid, I can still hear the fan turn as if it were still running. When I try turning it off, it just turns back on automatically except when I force it to shut down using the power button. Also it is constantly overheating and the fan is really loud. The CPU Diode is around 97 degrees Celsius most of the time and the CPU Proximity at 71 even though nothing is running on the computer.

I checked the activity monitor and there doesn't seem to be anything abnormal going on. I'm freaking out to be honest and I've tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:48 AM

3 replies

Macbook Pro not sleeping/turning off correctly and overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.