Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden IPad detection error

Hello,

I'm using the IPAD-2 with IOS 8.1.3.

I've been able to connect/sync my iPhone and iPad with Windows7 iTunes just fine for the past year with the USB connector. Last week I connected the iPad and received the following: "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. An unknown error occurred (0xE8000084)" followed by "An iPad has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPad, then try again."

I rebooted and reconnected but that didn't help. I also re-installed iTunes but still get the same message.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 7:55 AM

Hi moyers93,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPad is not recognized in iTunes for Windows. Reinstalling iTunes is a good troubleshooting step, and if you see the same message afterwards, try troubleshooting the Apple Mobile Device Service next.

Start from the "Verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is installed" section of this article:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

The steps in the sections of this article will help to troubleshoot the software and drivers that iTunes uses to communicate with your iPad.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2015 7:55 AM in response to moyers93

Hi moyers93,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPad is not recognized in iTunes for Windows. Reinstalling iTunes is a good troubleshooting step, and if you see the same message afterwards, try troubleshooting the Apple Mobile Device Service next.

Start from the "Verify that Apple Mobile Device Support is installed" section of this article:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

The steps in the sections of this article will help to troubleshoot the software and drivers that iTunes uses to communicate with your iPad.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Sudden IPad detection error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.