Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Post IOS 8.1.3 iPad speaker problems, Help!!

After updating to ios 8.1.3 all sounds coming from my iPad (32 GB 4th gen.) have major static distortion undertones; including key sounds, music, audio & video etc. This occurs at ANY volume, & I've never listened to very loud music on the iPad.

I really do not think I could have damaged my speakers, and the simple fact that the same debilitating static sound is being transmitted through to my Bluetooth speakers is very strange?!

(I updated to the latest IOS; 8.1.3, in hopes of fixing another volume related problem; certain apps that have small audio files (dictionaries) were not functioning, and although my settings for "Key Clicks" and "Lock Sounds" were always "on"- suddenly they disappeared. Now they're back with a horrible static noise. Apart from "rebooting" or soft resetting my iPad- I have no clue what to do?

Any help would be a fantastic.

(I was also wondering if I'm the only one out there who seems to have a defective power supply port- every time I find an "Apple made & approved" lighting cable, after 2 to 4 months the iPad stops detecting it at all- or I'm given messages reading; "this accessory is/ may not be compatible with the iPad..."! I almost wish for the days of the 32 pin cables- I imagine micro USB's were never even an option at Apple!) Any help or information about this would be sincerely appreciated! Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3, iPad Speaker Static-Thru BTooth too

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:58 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 4:01 AM in response to Danu55

Now have no audio whatsoever after trying another "reset /reboot". I no longer have any audio whatsoever from; iPad speaker, ear phones (Apple's) nor through my Bluetooth speakers (mid- to-high range quality). I didn't think it could get worse! (I've checked all settings (I'm aware of) side switch isnt In wrong position (it's set for screen orientation lock- although I've recently gone back & forth- using side switch as mute...etc. Any insight into these stange happenings SVP!

Mar 9, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Danu55

I had this problem, too, I my iPad with Retina display (~ 2 years old). Luckily we were just under our extended warranty, so we had a new device shipped to us (another iPad with Retina display). I installed the backup from the original iPad using iTunes, and everything has been working well for about two weeks. Now, all of a sudden, we're getting the same static-like undertones through some apps and the lock/unlock and keyboard sounds.

Before I sent the first iPad back to the company, I did a complete factory reset on it. I noticed after the factory reset that the sound on the original iPad had returned to normal (at least as far as the key pad is concerned).

My plan for the replacement iPad at this point if this keeps up is to back it up using iTunes, give it a factory reset, and restore it again from the iTunes back-up.

I would certainly be curious to hear if anyone else is experiencing these problems.

Post IOS 8.1.3 iPad speaker problems, Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.