Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning - old iPhones may be uninsurable

I had a couple of iPhone 4Ss that were stolen from home along with a load of computer equipment.

The insurance company understandably are saying that they're not paying out unless I get the IMEIs blacklisted.

Unfortunately, because the phones are not currently in use (they were upgraded to iPhone 6) and I didn't purchase the phone from a carrier (got it in an Apple Store) they are having trouble blacklisting the phones.

So a couple of bits of advice:

1) Sell old iPhones as soon as you stop using them!

2) Consider the hidden perils of buying phones from Apple Store (or other shops)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 1:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 1:42 AM in response to Alexander Lake

Alexander Lake wrote:

I had a couple of iPhone 4Ss that were stolen from home along with a load of computer equipment.

The insurance company understandably are saying that they're not paying out unless I get the IMEIs blacklisted.

Unfortunately, because the phones are not currently in use (they were upgraded to iPhone 6) and I didn't purchase the phone from a carrier (got it in an Apple Store) they are having trouble blacklisting the phones.

So a couple of bits of advice:

1) Sell old iPhones as soon as you stop using them!

2) Consider the hidden perils of buying phones from Apple Store (or other shops)

3) Use a better Insurance Company. 😉

Pete

Warning - old iPhones may be uninsurable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.