Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get Apple Care transferred to me from a different country

Hello,

I just bought a second hand Mac Mini Late 2012 from someona in Austria. There are still around 2 and a half years of Apple Care left, and we want to transfer the ownership to me. I live in Spain, and when the seller contacted Apple to transfer it to me, they said they can't transfer Apple Care to an owner from a different country. Is that correct? What would be the best wait to have it transferred. I already have the mac mini and the Apple Care documents, but it's still in the sellers name in a different country.

One of the reasons to buy this mac it was because it offered the Apple Care, and now we seem to be stuck. Any help?

Thanks

Mac mini (Late 2012)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:33 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:54 AM in response to Mamenh

You may want to contact Apple again and get a different person.

Reason I say that is that the European Union is usually cosidetred

a single country in terms of warranties for most any product and

the first person contacted may not have understood that.

Then again, the European Union laws may not apply to "add on"

service contracts or warranty extensions.

Mar 6, 2015 5:04 AM in response to Mamenh

You might not need to do anything. AppleCare is a world wide warranty supported by Apple i.e. you can take the product covered in to any Apple store in the world. The AppleCare is also registered to the machine so the fact that it was originally taken out by a different person should not be a problem.

You can check the machine is covered here https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

How can I get Apple Care transferred to me from a different country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.