Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If someone blocks my # can I still iMessage them through my email on my Messages app on macbook?

My sister blocked me on her iPhone (iOS8) and I really need her to read my message. If I iMessage her through my Messages app, and start the conversation from one of my linked e-mails (but not my Apple ID email address... just another one linked to it), will it go through to her? I just don't know if when someone blocks an iPhone number, it automatically blocks all linked accounts to the phone number that is blocked... I kind of feel like it's not that advanced.

If anyone knows, could you please let me know? Thanks!

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:52 AM

I believe you will be blocked from contacting her from any source she has in the contact entry for you on her iOS device. However, you have nothing to lose by trying. You could also send her an email. Regardless of what you do, you can't make her read any communications from you or respond to them if she choses not to. Perhaps you can get a neutral third party to contact her and let her know that you need to speak to her.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 5:52 AM in response to Stephaniec924

I believe you will be blocked from contacting her from any source she has in the contact entry for you on her iOS device. However, you have nothing to lose by trying. You could also send her an email. Regardless of what you do, you can't make her read any communications from you or respond to them if she choses not to. Perhaps you can get a neutral third party to contact her and let her know that you need to speak to her.

If someone blocks my # can I still iMessage them through my email on my Messages app on macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.