Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Congratulations your phone has been unlocked. But phone is still locked

My Iphone 4s was locked to at&t when I purchased it. To unlock it, I completed an at&t unlock request and followed instructions to unlock the phone through itunes. It worked and I was able to use my phone.

Recently I updated my operating system to ios 8.1.3 and the phone locked itself again. I again submitted an unlock request and follwed the itunes unlock instructions. Itunes confirms that my phone has been unlocked - I get the message "Congratulations, Your phone has been successfully unlocked!" But the phone remains locked.

My biggest inconvenience is that I cannot use the personal hotspot function. Here is the message I get: http://imgur.com/wQJYsRA

At&t customer support says there isn't anything they can do because their records show that my phone has been unlocked. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate help on this.

DMB, UG

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:40 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 5:51 AM in response to dilbert41

Thank you dilbert41for your response. To clarify, the first unlock that I did actually took care of this problem. After unlocking successfully, I was now able to set up a personal hotspot locally without having to contact at&t. I had a hotspot switch under settings > Cellular Data. Now, with the software update, the switch has disappeared and i get the stubborn at&t prompt again.

I understand that my phone is not entirely locked as I am connecting to the Orange network OK. However, the phone has several restrictions tied to AT&T still. Another twist is that in its restricted state, the phone will not work with other carriers. It will connect to the network but refuse to make calls, receive messages, connect to cellular data etc. It's only with Orange that I am able to use the phone normally, except with the hotspot function, of course.

Congratulations your phone has been unlocked. But phone is still locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.