Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update on 10.6.8 fails due to digital signature on update is missing

wanting to install the Parallels version 10 and it won't work on 10.6.8 version of my Mac OS so I learned how to go to the software update which indicates an update is available. When I go ahead and load the update it runs fine and then stops with a message that the Macbook Pro EFI Firmware Update can't be saved. It says the digital signature on the update is missing or invalid.

I don't know if the digital signature is on my computer or the update? I would upgrade to a more recent version of the OS but don't know what will work.

Can anyone help?

Dan

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 4:27 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 6:51 AM in response to danstanford

Parallels 10 isn't compatible with 10.6 according to the web site.

Mac Requirements

Hardware:

• A Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor (Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
  • Minimum 2 GB of memory (4 GB of memory is recommended to run Windows 7 in a virtual machine or if your host OS is Lion)
  • About 850 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
  • About 15 GB of disk space for each virtual machine

Software:

• OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later
  • OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 or later
  • Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or later
  • Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 or later

Check that your computer is compatible with Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite.

To check the model number hold down the option/alt key, go to the Apple menu and select System Information.

• MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer) model number 5,1 or higher
  • MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model number 3,1 or higher

Your Mac needs:

• OS X v10.6.8 or OS X Lion already installed
  • 2 GB or more of memory (More is better - 4 GB minimum seems to be the consensus)
  • 8 GB or more of available space

Check to make sure your applications are compatible. PowerPC applications are no longer supported after 10.6.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Do a backup before installing.

If you can/do upgrade, I recommend you make a copy of the installer and move it out of your Applications folder. The installer self-destructs. The copy will keep you from having to download the installer again. You can make a bootable USB stick to install using this free program.

Bootable USB Flash Drive – Diskmaker X

Mountain Lion

Note - Mavericks is no longer available.

update on 10.6.8 fails due to digital signature on update is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.