Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileDeviceHelper running @ 100% on one CPU Core

Hi, anyone suggest anything to fix one of my CPU cores runs MobileDeviceHelper (32Bit) at 100% consistently after iTunes is started.

The machine is a new build with Windows 8 64bit all updates and patches applied. All latest manufacturer chipset and other relevant drivers and every other part of the machine works perfectly. If I end the process, distnoted (32 bit) then replaces it and takes over with another core running at 100%. Ending that process and mobiledevicehelper comes back at one core 100% usage, then ending that and it behaves.

I have tried restarting the machine, installing updates, disabling the task in task manager, resetting the network adapter (winsock reset) and disabling ApplePush, and itunes helper at startup but am out of ideas now! I haven't even sync'd my phone to it yet.

Im fast thinking iTunes seems to be getting more buggy each release (I haven't been able to burn an audio cd on the new machine as it crashes while attempting to, but other software can burn the same playlist and file after dragging out of the iTunes playlist) yet iTunes on my Macbook runs fine!

Windows 8, Win8 64Bit

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 4:55 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 7:54 AM in response to paulst1

oh and its iTunes 12.1.1.4 64Bit with Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit all latest updates.

As a workaround I have found the two files, renamed them so iTunes cant call them and everything still works fine which begs the questions what are they doing that uses 100% of one CPU core! I haven't setup my iPhone as a remote, or my AppleTVs yet, hoping they don't rely on these services!

MobileDeviceHelper running @ 100% on one CPU Core

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.