Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 inch 2011 screen less bright

Hey Guys,

I have a iMac 27 inch 2011, the mac is running pretty well but my screen is not as bright as normal i think?!

it has lost a bit of his brightness is it possible to fix that?? thank you to all the experts out there

Yea and by the way I also have an issue with the internal microphone, trying to use Skype but it doesn't work, you only here noise like sccrrrrshhhhhshhh

i don t know how you say, it s getting stuff but probably tuned on Alien Radio from pluton you feel me

Thanks guys😉

iMac

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:36 AM

I don't want to assume you have looked at the brightness setting in System Preferences - Display? If so and you are still not happy reset the PRAM per iMac SMC and PRAM reset. You still don't have any luck take it in for service.

7 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:37 AM in response to dogheadedspirits

Your graphic card may be on the way out, particularly if it's a AMD Radeon HD 6970M. There's a recall for that iMac model with that graphic card: iMac (27-inch): AMD Radeon 6970M Video Card Replacement Program - Apple Support

If you quality I'd make an appointment at the nearest Genius Bar for a free diagnosis as soon as possible. I have the same model and the card began to die on me last summer. It was replaced free.

User uploaded file

Mar 31, 2015 12:51 PM in response to dogheadedspirits

dogheadedspirits wrote:

Thanks for helping also, although I've brought my iMac about 1 year ago to the Mac shop and they didn't do **** you know and plus my guaranty is out of date so don t if they will change it for free, what you think?

The graphics replacement program is independent of having the AppleCare Protection Plan and covers a period of four years. Check the link and see if your machine meets the requirements.

27" i7 iMac (Mid 2011) refurb, OS X Yo (10.10.2), Mavs, ML & SL, G4 450 MP w/10.5 & 9.2.2

iMac 27 inch 2011 screen less bright

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.