Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

line across screen on ipad air 2

I have an Ipad air 2 that I have had for a little over 3 months. About 2/3's of the way down the screen there is a line across the screen which is like a blurry line. Anybody else have this or know what it is?? Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:45 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 9:07 AM in response to LynnsSouthernHeart

I'm just guessing, but if it remains after you restart, or reset the iPad, it is probably a hardware problem. I suppose that there is a chance that an app or a corrupt file is causing something to go haywire, but I think that is really unlikely. I would take it back to wherever you bought it and show it to them. The iPad has a one year warranty that covers manufacturers defects.

You you can try restarting and resetting the iPad first.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you want to close all apps and restart you can give that a try.

In order to close apps, you have to drag the app up from the multitasking display. Double tap the home button and you will see apps lined up going left to right across the screen. Swipe to get to the app that you want to close and then swipe "up" on the app preview thumbnail to close it.

I not sure that I would go through the trouble of restoring the device, because of the way that you describe the problem. However, if you want to give that a try...

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

line across screen on ipad air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.