Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm stuck in proxy mode, how can I get out?

I seem to be be stuck in proxy mode. Even with a new library and a new clip, it shows a 'missing proxy' label. I can't switch to 'optimized/original media'. FCPX simply doesn't do it. I already tried trashing prefs and reinstalling FCPX. please help?

Arnoud Kwant

The Netherlands

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 3:10 AM

12 replies

Mar 6, 2015 4:07 AM in response to Arnoud Kwant

Arnoud Kwant wrote:

I seem to be be stuck in proxy mode. Even with a new library and a new clip, it shows a 'missing proxy' label. I can't switch to 'optimized/original media'. FCPX simply doesn't do it. I already tried trashing prefs and reinstalling FCPX. please help?

Arnoud Kwant

The Netherlands

So the usual switch is not working?

User uploaded file

Al

Mar 6, 2015 4:34 AM in response to Arnoud Kwant

Arnoud Kwant wrote:

No, it isn't. I know the original/optimized media are present because I can delete the proxies using' delete generated library files', and regenerate them afterwards. I just can't view them.

What exactly happens when you try to switch by selecting Original/Optimized as in Alchroma's image? Does it still show Proxy as selected?

By the way, your phrase above does not make sense to me. Being able to delete proxies bears no relation to whether you have created optimized media or not. Optimized/Original is worded this way because FCP X will automatically use Optimized media when available, and default to Original otherwise.

You may also try Window->Revert to Original Layout.

If reinstalling, it is recommended that you use FCS Remover to make sure that all traces of the application are deleted. And then you'd need to download a fresh copy from the App Store, and also download the additional content from inside the application.

Mar 6, 2015 4:49 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

What exactly happens when you try to switch by selecting Original/Optimized as in Alchroma's image? Does it still show Proxy as selected?

You may also try Window->Revert to Original Layout.

If reinstalling, it is recommended that you use FCS Remover to make sure that all traces of the application are deleted. And then you'd need to download a fresh copy from the App Store, and also download the additional content from inside the application.

It stays on Proxy. That is the issue.

Revert to original layout didn't help.

I uninstalled using AppCleaner. I deleted all files (except the 1Gb of additional content)

(BTW thanks for Luis and Alchroma for trying to help)

Mar 8, 2015 1:06 AM in response to Russ H

I tried to do some tests in order to solve my 'proxy problem':

I have a test-project with a clip that has proxy media (to Russ H: I checked the green circles as suggested). When I'm logged into my Macbook Pro as myself, I cannot get out of proxy-mode. However, when I log in as another user, I can!!

From this I think I can conclude that there must be something in my user-library that is causing some sort of a conflict. Because that is the only difference between my user-account and other accounts.

Arnoud

I'm stuck in proxy mode, how can I get out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.