Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden lose of battery. Asking for battery replacement without any prior warning.

Hello community. Another surprise this morning.

Charged almost 100% the macbook pro early 2011 at 2pm in the day. Was travelling for the rest of the day. Made it to office the next day at 10am. As soon as I started the laptop, the macbook pro wouldn't even start. Connected the adapter and it ran normally. I didn't knew that the battery were not working at all, so accidently disconnected. This happened twice. Now even the OS started to boot slow and react even slower.

Now when I saw the status of the battery, it says that I should replace them now.

The last a week ago when I saw the status of the battery, it said - 77% capacity and Healthy, even the OS state used to be healthy. But now even the OS state it says isn't alright.

I even went to the extent of opening the back, and disconnecting the battery connection and connecting it again.

Did PRAM reset too.

Did SMC reset too.

OS- 10.10.1

Macbook pro early 2011, 13"

Anybody with an opinion?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Early 2011

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 8, 2015 8:43 AM in response to SkrillexFan

Greetings SkrillexFan,

Based on your MacBook Pro's battery status report, it appears your computer needs to be serviced. The following link should help you get started with the process and has links with additional information on topics such as warranty and service pricing

Service Answer Center - Mac notebooks

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=Macn otebooks

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Mar 8, 2015 9:21 AM in response to SkrillexFan

Run the System Information utility found in the path Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities. In its left-hand pane, select "Power" from the topic list. The upper section now displayed in the main pane includes some numeric data that can help you decide how to proceed:

User uploaded file

I've outlined the important bits in red in the image. Please post those results. Also, is this the original battery that came in the computer?

Mar 9, 2015 12:29 AM in response to Allan Jones

Hello and thankyou Allan for your reply.

Following is the screenshot attached.

I took this laptop to Apple care in Delhi, India. They confirmed that the batteries are completely dead. He informed that the new batteries will cost me 11000INR. This macbook pro is early 2011, and I bought this like 8 months ago on OLX. I have already invest 7000INR in fixing its wifi like 5 months ago, and now this investment. I have been take constant care of battery, I would check the status almost every 2nd day. I mean it never ever informed me that the battery health is going down to even less than 70%. For now I might just invest something to buy a second hand battery to make this machine run, and probably sell this off on OLX again.

Any other alternative?User uploaded file

Sudden lose of battery. Asking for battery replacement without any prior warning.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.