Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is photo streaming using up space on my phone when it is turned off?

My phone keeps giving me a notification that my storage is almost full. It looks like the photos & camera are taking up most of the space, however I only have 99 photos on the phone and photo streaming is turned off, but it still has 3.9KB used space under shared photo stream. How do I delete this?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:40 AM

2 replies

Mar 8, 2015 9:01 AM in response to ansbrad

Hey there Ansgrad,

It sounds like you are concerned about the 3.9 KB in storage you are seeing that your photos are using. That is a tiny amount of space. I wold recommend you look for other places to delete data from. This article will help you locate other apps that are using space so you can check that out:

See how much storage you've used on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Mar 8, 2015 9:42 AM in response to ansbrad

ansbrad wrote:

My phone keeps giving me a notification that my storage is almost full. It looks like the photos & camera are taking up most of the space, however I only have 99 photos on the phone and photo streaming is turned off, but it still has 3.9KB used space under shared photo stream. How do I delete this?

1 gigabyte = 1024 megabytes. 1 megabyte = 1024 kilobytes.

1 gigabyte = 1048576 kilobytes.

3.9 KB is 0.38% of a MB, and 0.00037% of a GB

If your iPhone is a 8GB model, then you are literally worrying about 0.000046% of the device's total space.

Or, to look at it another way, an 8GB iPhone has 8,388,608 kilobytes of total space. Are you really concerned about less than 4 KB out of 8.3 Million?

Or... Let's say that you had $83,886.08 in your bank account. Would you worry about trying to find the nickel that rolled under the fridge?

Why is photo streaming using up space on my phone when it is turned off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.