Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging

can anyone tell me why this icon would appear. It would seem to be an attachment in a contacts details. When I tap on it, it shows the details of someone not in my contacts.

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 8:30 AM

Hey Lucylou67,

Thanks for the question. Yes, it looks like Justin may have shared a contact with you at some point. When sharing a contact via iMessage, it is expected behavior to see this icon in the attachments section. I imagine if you scroll through your conversation history, you’ll find when Justin shared that contact with you. For more information on sharing contacts, check out the following resource:

Share a contact. Tap a contact, then tap Share Contact.

via Contacts at a glance - iPhone

Additional information:

View attachments. While viewing a conversation, tap Details. Attachments are shown in reverse chronological order at the bottom of the screen. Tap an attachment to see it in full screen. In full-screen mode, tap the list button to view the attachments as a list.

via Share photos, videos, your location, and more - iPhone

Thanks,

Matt M.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Lucylou67

Hey Lucylou67,

Thanks for the question. Yes, it looks like Justin may have shared a contact with you at some point. When sharing a contact via iMessage, it is expected behavior to see this icon in the attachments section. I imagine if you scroll through your conversation history, you’ll find when Justin shared that contact with you. For more information on sharing contacts, check out the following resource:

Share a contact. Tap a contact, then tap Share Contact.

via Contacts at a glance - iPhone

Additional information:

View attachments. While viewing a conversation, tap Details. Attachments are shown in reverse chronological order at the bottom of the screen. Tap an attachment to see it in full screen. In full-screen mode, tap the list button to view the attachments as a list.

via Share photos, videos, your location, and more - iPhone

Thanks,

Matt M.

Messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.