Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get on the world gallery?

How does one submit photographs for consideration on the world gallery?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:23 AM

6 replies

Mar 8, 2015 3:21 AM in response to obrien555

obrien ~ Welcome to the Support Communities. There doesn't seem to be a way to submit photographs for consideration in the World Gallery. Here's one person's story:

"...The photo received a great reaction on Flickr, getting thousands of views and some great comments from my Flickr contacts. Time moved on and the image lay there in my Flickr stream like all the others. Then out of the blue in December I got a Flickr mail from a person who had zero photos asking me to contact them about a research project. I ignored it. It was spam. But when the person sent the mail again urging me to be swift in response, I replied. Details were sketchy. There might be interest in my photo, would I be interested? Ehm… OK.

Then to my amazement I saw the name Apple and I was definitely interested. They were interested in two photos, the above one and another from I had taken in Berlin. Through the jigs and reels and many emails later we arrived at the end of February and I got an email congratulating me on my image being part of the Apple World Gallery."

Source: The Story of my ‘Shot on iPhone’ Photograph

User uploaded file

Mar 8, 2015 9:24 AM in response to obrien555

I read where postings - especially on Flickr - using hastags " #iphoneonly " and " #iPhone " will get a nice, neat sort filter for Apple to peruse. Keep in mind that Apple and Google have an ' off again - on again ' relationship, so Google+ might or might not be a venue visited much by the "AppleSelectors"

-- don't forget a presence on ALL the popular "Photographer" sites such as 500pix - as many as you can manage. Posting in singles, rather than batches might also be a strategy - keeping something near the top of the Latest / Most Recent default sort order most places use for SiteStream or search results.

If the AppleFolk are like me, blog-like presence should be avoided - any 'media buyer' (that's what this amounts to) will always want to see thumbnails to see what Pops Off the Page.

ÇÇÇ

how do I get on the world gallery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.