Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse Batteries drain in 2 days

Hello folks,

I own a Mid 2011 iMac since Feb 2012. The Magic Mouse that comes shipped with it never gave me problems until up to a few weeks ago, where it drains my batteries literally in one or two days! At first I thought it was some faulty batteries, but now I already had about 6 replacements hoping it will be okay. Yesterday I bought new batteries, and today the level is at 38% - how do I troubleshoot it?

(I do not use rechargeable batteries. Lithium and Alkaline only)

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:30 AM

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 7:47 AM in response to EdNKh

Hmmmmm.....

The Magic Mouse is really notorious for eating up batteries.

I returned mine for this very reason. Even high priced lithium and nickel-metal hydride batteries lasted me only about two weeks of my use and that's shutting the Magic Mouse off when I was away from my Mac for any prolonged length of time.

Try turning it off when not in regular use.

Maybe look into purchasing one of these.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H4825ZM/B/mobee-magic-charger-for-apple-magic- mouse

Mar 6, 2015 10:11 AM in response to EdNKh

Magic Mice can die. Mine, from the same iMac model as yours just went belly up a couple months ago. It as also using up batteries pretty quick but not as fast as yours. Even the Genius Bar veterinarian couldn't revive it. As Forrest Gump once said: "It happens".

The replacement with regular batteries is getting about 13 weeks between batteries at about 8 hrs per day (turn it off at night).

Just give it a decent burial.

User uploaded file

Magic Mouse Batteries drain in 2 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.