Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show All Always?

User uploaded file

I am so sick of having to click "Show All" or "Show More" since Mavericks release. I've looked every where is the some way to have it default to always "Show All"? I don't know why it doesn't anymore. It doesn't make it look cleaner. All it does is make me take extra time to access the file/folder I'm for.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:52 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:45 AM in response to Zerograves

Do you find that 'grouping by kind' in icon view helpful?

Personally I hate the 'All My files' style listing with the horizontal scrolling, it never shows me anything that I want to see. A computer that wastes my time is pointless 🙂

Finder views have their own options, 'View Menu > Show view options', but the arranged views do not have an option to remove those 'Show all (N)' buttons, it seems like you might be stuck with that if you use arrange to group.

Click the 'arrange' icon (to the left of the gear in your toolbar) and set that to 'none' to see all the folder content without the grouping.

I also prefer list view or column view (the 2nd & 3rd icons grouped together in your toolbar).

Show All Always?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.