Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing apple ID

I inadvertently entered my iCloud email address into my Apple ID on my iPhone. Now I can't delete the account without signing in because Find my iPhone feature is turned on. However there is no sign in. How do I get rid f this bogus account?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:15 AM

3 replies

Mar 8, 2015 9:11 AM in response to flat earth

Hi flat earth,

The steps outlined below detail how to go about signing out of an iCloud account on your iPhone.

On your iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then at the bottom of the screen, tap Sign Out (Delete Account in iOS 7 and earlier).

Note: If you sign out of iCloud (or delete your iCloud account), iCloud no longer backs up your iOS data. You can still back up your device in iTunes. For more information, open iTunes, then choose iTunes > Help.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2613

Regards,

Allen

Mar 12, 2015 10:43 AM in response to CarlAVII

Allen,

You can't delete an iCloud account unless you turn off the "Find my iPhone" feature first. It will ask you to log in and turn off "Find my iPhone". If you can't log in, which I can't, you can't turn off "Find my iPhone" and it won't let you delete the account. It's a clear "Catch 22". The real question is how do you delete an iCloud Account or an Apple ID without turning off "Find my iPhone?

Phil

Changing apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.