Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad photo stream missing ?

HI folks, I got my new iPad air a couple of weeks ago and I cannot see why the photo stream doesn't show?

Before I was taking photos on my phone and the would appear in the iPad photo stream and iMac stream

I'm syncing my whole photo library everything is on my iMac and iPhone but the stream isn't showing on the new iPad

It must be something really obvious but I can't see where I'm going wrong!

The settings on my phone are the same on my iPad, photo streaming is on I'd just like to be able to view the photos I took on my phone on the iPad

I haven't selected icloud photo library (beta) as it says it would delete 8 thousand photos and I dont have enough iCloud storage to take them all,

how can I get my stream back please ?

iPad, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2015 8:43 AM

Howdy Dryw,

The article below provides troubleshooting tips that'll resolve most issues like the one that you’ve described, where My Photo Stream pictures aren’t appearing on your iPad Air.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

I don't see photos from My Photo Stream on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and your device is connected to a wireless network. You can use these steps to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your iOS device.
  3. From your Home screen, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  4. Make sure that My Photo Stream is on. If it’s already on, turn it off and tap Delete. After it turns off, turn My Photo Stream on again.
  5. Close the Camera app on the device that took the photo. Photos won't upload from an iOS device to the Recently Added album (or the My Photo Stream album in iOS 7) until you close the Camera app.
  6. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. To preserve battery life, downloads and uploads from My Photo Stream are disabled when the battery reaches 20%. Downloads and uploads will continue after you charge your device, and the battery charge is greater than 20%.

So long,

-Jason

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2015 8:43 AM in response to Dryw

Howdy Dryw,

The article below provides troubleshooting tips that'll resolve most issues like the one that you’ve described, where My Photo Stream pictures aren’t appearing on your iPad Air.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

I don't see photos from My Photo Stream on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and your device is connected to a wireless network. You can use these steps to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your iOS device.
  3. From your Home screen, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  4. Make sure that My Photo Stream is on. If it’s already on, turn it off and tap Delete. After it turns off, turn My Photo Stream on again.
  5. Close the Camera app on the device that took the photo. Photos won't upload from an iOS device to the Recently Added album (or the My Photo Stream album in iOS 7) until you close the Camera app.
  6. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. To preserve battery life, downloads and uploads from My Photo Stream are disabled when the battery reaches 20%. Downloads and uploads will continue after you charge your device, and the battery charge is greater than 20%.

So long,

-Jason

iPad photo stream missing ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.