Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black halo on output using Compressor 4.1.3 and FCPX

Hi we have shot a fitness video in studio against a black background. When I output to anything other than the Master file in FCPX I get a thick black halo /line around the subject. I have tried various settings for output but get the same result. Can anyone advise how I might get rid of the halo?

If we can solve this issue the final sequence will be 11 minutes and available to download from the client's website as well as three samples being made available on Youtube. We aren't dealing with that aspect but need to be able to provide the finished sequences (11 in total) in a format that can then be adapted and compressed further to meet various outputs by the web developers.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Compressor, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), compressor4 .1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:48 AM

10 replies

Mar 6, 2015 8:31 AM in response to feebee99

I Don't belibe there is anything wrong with the compression. Possibly the Windows machine is at fault. If you export the video as. pro Res master file and bring it into Compressor at the same resolurion and frame

rate as the project settings, you should be able to get an h.264 MP4 that will look perfectly fine on a Mac or PC.

i Do agree it could benefit by changes in the lighting.

russ

Black halo on output using Compressor 4.1.3 and FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.