Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to access my photos on my broken iphone 5. Downloaded icloud on my pc and it is only recognising my ipad, but even at that no photos are being displayed.

need to access my photos on my broken iphone 5. Downloaded icloud on my pc and it is only recognising my ipad, but even at that no photos are being displayed.

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:15 AM

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 6:30 AM in response to paddydavitt

Did you have Photo Stream activated on your phone before it stopped working? This is the only way your phone could have saved to photos to iCloud, besides including them inside a backup.

If the phone is still recognized by iTunes on your computer, you could transfer the photos:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

Mar 6, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi Ingo2711, Thanks a million for your reply. That's probably what it is. Now next thing, my iphone will not switch on at all. No water damage or physical damage. I brought to an irepair place and he was first able to see the photos on my phone somehow but when I brought it back to get fixed he couldn't. I have been told by a few people that it may just be the charge port or battery or unfortunately the logic/motherboard. What is my best bet? I'm not able to afford to get it officially fixed if it can be. Any recommendations? By the way, thanks a million.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.