Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac OS X ver 10.7.5. Processor speed is 3.06 GHz intel core i3, and the memory is 4 GB 1333 MHz RAM. My online banking app is being updated and requires OS ver 10.8 or newer. When I ask for available updates, the system says there are n

I have an iMac OS X ver 10.7.5. Processor speed is 3.06 GHz intel core i3, and the memory is 4 GB 1333 MHz RAM. My online banking app is being updated and requires OS ver 10.8 or newer. When I ask for available updates, the system says there are none available. How can I update my system to ver 10.8 or newer to accommodate the new banking app?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:56 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 6:58 AM in response to stu21014

You can update directly to Yosemite (for free) through the App Store (this is 10.10). Make sure your existing applications will run on this OS.

If you wish to stay at 10.8, you can order this through the online Apple Store (it's $20), and they will email you a redemption code to be used on the App Store.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion

Matt

I have an iMac OS X ver 10.7.5. Processor speed is 3.06 GHz intel core i3, and the memory is 4 GB 1333 MHz RAM. My online banking app is being updated and requires OS ver 10.8 or newer. When I ask for available updates, the system says there are n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.