Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX blanks in timeline, had to force quit, no change

Imported some clips to a library, added some to timeline... I can skim through and the video looks fine, but the timeline does not show the clips... shows the audio waveform, but not the images... there are just blue rectangles where the clips should be (see screen shot). The project was basically finished, so I exported the file and it looks fine. I tried to quit and restart FCPX but got a dialogue box that said "completing background tasks" but there were no background tasks occurring. Tried to quit, and had to "force quit." Restarted computer, restarted FCPX, still have blanks in the timeline.

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 6:27 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 9:15 AM in response to sjohnson13

IT looks like your thumbnail files need to be regenerated, which is probably what Final Cut was trying to do when those background tasks were running. Assuming your cache files are stored in the library you could go inside the library bundle (with the app closed) and in the render folder locate the thumbnails folder. Drag that to the trash and when you relainch, that folder should be rebuilt.

RUss

FCPX blanks in timeline, had to force quit, no change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.