Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do text messages from my iPad appear to some people as if they came from my email address instead of my phone number? This does not happen when I send text messages from my iPhone.

Why do text messages from my iPad appear to some people as if they came from my email address instead of my phone number? This does not happen when I send text messages from my iPhone.

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 7:40 AM in response to ckatterjohn

You need to link your iPhone number to Messages - and Facetime if you use it. For Messages go to Settings>Messages>Send and Receive at>You can be reached by iMessage at. If your phone number is showing there, select it as your Contact address. If it doesn't appear in there, take a look at the end of this article for help.

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.