Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the limit on the number of CD's that can be transferred to iTunes and then synced with the iPod Classic?

What is the limit on the number of CD's that can be transferred to iTunes and then synced with the iPod?

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:53 AM

12 replies

Mar 6, 2015 9:49 AM in response to jeanettefrombroad run

iPod classics are no longer being produced, however you can buy iPod Touches with more capacity.

A 64Gb iPod touch would fit around 10 times what your current one could in the free space it has left (So around 820 CDs give or take a few). Not sure what else it has in it that is using up the rest of the space though.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipod/ipod-touch/64gb-space-gray

Mar 6, 2015 5:31 PM in response to Phil0124

I went online to check on prices. I found on Amazon there is an iPod Classic with 160 GB. I want to be sure the iPod I get is compatible with the CD player "nest" that is attached for iPods. Is there some way to find out if this larger capacity Classic model will have the same bottom as my old Classic, so that it will work with our sound system?

Mar 13, 2015 7:18 PM in response to jeanettefrombroad run

Phil, I ordered the iPod Touch 64 GB based on your recommendation. It arrived today and the base does NOT have the same 30 bit receptacle that the old Classic iPod has and that connects with the iPod player and the CD player I want to use to play my newly downloaded CDs. I am trying to send the iPod Touch back to the seller and hope to be able to find an iPod Classic with the same GB. Needless to say, I was very disappointed that your promise that the bases are all the same was incorrect.

Mar 17, 2015 4:17 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks. I actually called Apple that evening and was told about the Lightning to 30 pin adapter. I only need it for audio, so I think it will work fine. Again, sorry for misreading your response and not noticing the word Classic in the sentence. I guess since you were recommending the iPod Touch, I just read your answer as if it included that. I think the adapter will take care of my issue. Thanks again.

What is the limit on the number of CD's that can be transferred to iTunes and then synced with the iPod Classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.