Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone won't appear in iTunes since last update

Since I performed my last backup on 5 February, iTunes has updated and now won't acknowledge my phone whatsoever. Any idea's?

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:36 AM

In all likelihood Apple is trying to make ya buy a new iPhone...used to work at a call center, cannot even begin to explain how many people called in with something like this...."everything was fine, THEN I UPDATED to 8.1.3....now my phone is FREAKING OUT...I cannot even tell you how many phones (that may not even have been bad) Apple is replacing over 8.1.3. RIP Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave at this point.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 10:36 AM in response to jacomi

In all likelihood Apple is trying to make ya buy a new iPhone...used to work at a call center, cannot even begin to explain how many people called in with something like this...."everything was fine, THEN I UPDATED to 8.1.3....now my phone is FREAKING OUT...I cannot even tell you how many phones (that may not even have been bad) Apple is replacing over 8.1.3. RIP Steve Jobs is spinning in his grave at this point.

Mar 12, 2015 1:32 PM in response to jacomi

Not that I am aware of without jailbreaking the phone (or some other way voiding your warranty)....you would have to put it into DFU mode, but then itunes would just try to put the latest version on it....that is where the problem lies (no surprise here) Apple! 🙂 (their update servers specifically)....but their products are ALL designed so with the software updates you pretty much have to get new hardware every 2 years. So letting people roll back iOS versions or supporting them would not make Apple money and that is all Apple truly cares about.....hope this helps...I could look into jailbreaking it 😉

Mar 12, 2015 8:36 PM in response to joyjoex

I have the same problem with 3 different iphones, my iphone 5c, 4, 4s and my partners iphone 5 so it must be itunes if none of them work. Itunes wont detect any of them and i have tried disabling my AVG antivirus, uninstalled the driver for the phones and then re installed and uninstalling and re installing itunes and still i cant get itunes to detect any devices. anyone have any other ideas ?

Phone won't appear in iTunes since last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.