Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I losing quality when exporting to PDF from Numbers?

Hi guys, so I need to export a fairly large table I have to PDF so that I can get it into the report. It looks beautiful in Numbers, and then when I go to print, size it the way I want it, save as PDF, I get a crappy looking table....Lines have just randomly disappeared or faded. What is going on and how do I fix this?! It looks great in Numbers, I don't understand why it should look any different when I print to PDF.... Here is a screen shot inside Numbers, notice the lines look perfect....then a screen shot after exporting in Preview, notice how some of the lines are totally gone. You'll see the rows for "depth" have a dotted line to dived them....in preview the dotted line just disappears in one spot, but not in another. It's totally random and I've no idea how to fix it....

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:52 AM

2 replies

May 17, 2015 1:55 AM in response to Yellowbox

Hi Yellowbox, Hi randiceleste,

I have exactly the same problem.

It doesn't seem to depend on the >>pt<< as some lines with the same pt show and others don't.

It must be a rendering problem for if I export the table from PDF to JPEG the lines are equally visible at different zoomings...

Both exporting from Numbers to PDF and the File>Print>Save as PDF have the same result.

----------------------------------------

MacBook Pro, Late 2011 running 10.10.3 and latest Numbers Update: V 3.5.3

thanks,

Rubberneck

Why am I losing quality when exporting to PDF from Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.