Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my Macbook Pro to print with HP Officejet 7500a Wide Format printer

My Macbook Pro (Retina Display) seems to have a problem to print with the HP Officejet 7500a - Wide Format printer - Is it the OS X 10.10.2 causing the problem. It works when connected to the USB cable - but wireless print is a problem.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:17 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 2:21 PM in response to philzar

let's see-on printer control panel, you've pressed the right arrow, then "network" then "wireless" then "wireless setup wizard" then OK,

and the wireless capability has been turned on, yes? (I didn't know you could turn it off) -either press the wireless button, or press setup on the printer's control panel, then wireless menu, then touch "On". A blue light should be lit up.

Failing that, restart the wireless components-turn off router, then printer, then turn on router and then turn on printer. dunno what else to suggest

apparently, you can do a wireless test from the printer-right arrow, then network, then wireless, then wireless network test.. .

also see if there are any updates for your printer-there has been a firmware update for this printer from 2012-try that, there is also a software update for 10.10 apparently it adds direct wireless printing...

JB

How do I get my Macbook Pro to print with HP Officejet 7500a Wide Format printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.