Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 battery draining too quickly

The battery in my iPhone 5 is draining way too quickly, even though the battery was supposed to have been replaced just yesterday. Since yesterday, the power is down to 73% from 98%. The phone is on airplane mode, screen very low brightness, no sim card. I have't used it at all, since I have an iPhone 6 now.

What could be wrong with my phone?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Probably apps running in the background are causing this, sometimes Mail get's stuck connecting to the mail server, or some social media app like Facebook can also be a reason for prolonged background activity.

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 9:01 AM in response to BilliefromHague

Probably apps running in the background are causing this, sometimes Mail get's stuck connecting to the mail server, or some social media app like Facebook can also be a reason for prolonged background activity.

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage

iphone 5 battery draining too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.