Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone doing this?

My iTunes account is saying that I have over 1000 photos on my phone although I have deleted every photo and video, it still says the same thing. I have proceeded to check every file folder and my iPhone and I can't find these photos anywhere. These nonexistent photos are taking up over a GB of my 16 GB for my iPhone 5S and I would really like to fix this problem. I have previously used the "cut" method when transferring my photos to my laptop and I believe this is the problem. But how do I fix this problem? I would like to figure out a way for it to stop using my space when nothing is there. Please and thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:49 AM

6 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:30 AM in response to Ashley.Breedlove16

Double check iPhoto syncing is disabled in iTunes.

Backup to iTunes.

Erase the device via 'Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content & settings'.

Restore the iTunes backup. It should recover the space that is taken up by the deleted items. If the images reappear then you may not have deleted them totally.

It is unclear to me how you 'cut' photos from the iPhone to a laptop, were you on a PC?

Mar 6, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Drew Reece

I will attempt to reset my iPhone when I go home. What I mean by the "cut" method is when I manually transferred my photos from my phone to my laptop, which is a Gateway, I would delete the photos I had transferred from my iPhone on my laptop. My theory is it would create empty space on my iPhone where the photos had once existed and therefore continue to take up that empty space and shortening my 16 GB for other things.

Why is my iPhone doing this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.