Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to find out what computers are authorized?

For some reason iTunes decided my computer was not authorized, and if I didn't authorize it a number of apps and their content would be deleted. I authorized the computer, and iTunes informed me it was my fifth and last authorization. Is there any way to find out what the other four authorizations are? Any way to manage these such as Amazon allows for Kindle books?

Thanks very much.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Mid 2012 2.6G i7

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:27 AM

1. Not without checking each computer manually; it's possible for one computer to use multiple authorizations.

2. No.

(123548)

4 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Niel

Thank you Niel.

The white paper offers a solution that can only be described as a workaround, keep deauthorizing it till you've run out. Wow, and of course no way to know what other devices are authorized.

UPDATE:

So I tried it. I deauthorized the computer. Repeated the process, and iTunes said the computer was not authorized. So that means there are four other computers (or possibly hard drives with different OSs) that have been authorized.

Anyone know what the authorization is tied to? It's not the MAC address or it wouldn't change when a clean OS install is done, I don't think.

Is there any way to find out what computers are authorized?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.