Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why quick look become transparent ?

Hello,

Quick look become suddenly transparent, without any explanation. I need to restart the computer to solve the problem.

I'm on yosemite 10.10.2 (14C109)

iMac (17inch late 2013) 3,2 Ghz core i5

24 Go 1600 Mhz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 Mo

User uploaded file

It's just so annoying......

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 7:47 AM

7 replies

Mar 10, 2015 2:20 AM in response to dominic23

Thank you Dominic, but it actually did not work, even with PRAM / SMC reset. Do you think I should do it more that once ?

Concerning the Safe Mode, I am not sure it can help because "transparent quicklook bug" just happens without any reason. It can work during several hours, and suddenly became transparent.

Plus, it sometimes become completely transparent, like 0% opacity ! But still working (if I quicklook a music, it plays it).

I tried "killall quicklookd" in Terminal to reboot quicklook. It did not work.

Did somebody has an idea ?

Thank you guys for your help,

Mar 28, 2015 3:55 AM in response to adrienlh

Hello,

Just to let you know what is going on with this issue.

Deleting com.apple.finder.plist didn't work

Reset PRAM / SRC didn't work

Erase everything (factory reset, erase hard drive, reinstall Yosemite from scratch) didn't work.

Kill the finder WORKS !

The easiest thing to do...

But this issue remain mysterious for me.

Thank you everyone for helping by the way !

Mar 28, 2015 7:05 AM in response to adrienlh

Well that would be odd considering that rebooting your system essentially kills the Finder process... so if you reset your PRAM, you killed the Finder process... if you reinstalled the OS, you killed the Finder process... if you reset the SMC, you killed the Finder Process.

By the way, if you delete a .plist file, you should reboot to clear out any settings currently in memory... thus you actually rebooted your system several times and killed the Finder process several times.

Why quick look become transparent ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.