Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting specific rows which meet conditions from multiple columns

Hi guys,

I am using Numbers version 3.5.2. I have attached a screenshot of my data sheet and I need help with that. I want rows that meet a condition from column Route_1 to Route_11.

Let me give an example. I want to get all rows where cells between Route_1 to Route_11 contain either N or Q or R. Now, it is not necessary that N,Q and R are always in Route_1, Route_2 and Route_3 respectively. They can be anywhere in my whole database. Another screenshot I have attached to show you

what I mean. Please let me know how should I achieve it?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:37 AM

If I'm understanding correctly what you want to do, here is one approach:

User uploaded file

Concatenate the values in the route columns in a new column, using the formula:

=D2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2&J2&K2&L2&M2&N2

Then set up a filter on that new column, as shown.

In this example, after clicking the Filters checkbox, the row for 7-Train will be hidden, leaving just the rows with the N,Q, or R lines.

When working further with the table you have to of course remember to uncheck the box (that's easy to forget, resulting in "missing" rows that are still in your database).

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 9:37 AM in response to sarvagya1991

If I'm understanding correctly what you want to do, here is one approach:

User uploaded file

Concatenate the values in the route columns in a new column, using the formula:

=D2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2&J2&K2&L2&M2&N2

Then set up a filter on that new column, as shown.

In this example, after clicking the Filters checkbox, the row for 7-Train will be hidden, leaving just the rows with the N,Q, or R lines.

When working further with the table you have to of course remember to uncheck the box (that's easy to forget, resulting in "missing" rows that are still in your database).

SG

Getting specific rows which meet conditions from multiple columns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.