Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to rent a movie on my Apple TV 3rd gen, using iTunes credit I have in my account. I do not know how to proceed. Please help explain how to do it. Thank you.

I am trying to rent a movie on my Apple TV 3rd gen, using iTunes credit I have in my account. I do not know how to proceed. Please help explain how to do it. Thank you.

AppleTV 2, Windows 8

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:03 AM

Just rent as you would normally, the fee will automatically be deducted from the balance you have credited to the account.

5 replies

Mar 6, 2015 4:01 PM in response to vazandrew

Thank you for your suggestion. However, when I perform those steps it asks my credit card details to charge it in order to rent it. I even verified my iTunes account on my laptop to see the credit balance. Do I have to get some sort instructions or screen where I need to confirm to debit it from my credit? Kind of confusing just to accept it without any confirmation??

Appreciate your extra explanation on these subject.

Mar 6, 2015 4:42 PM in response to jrgutor

Your account details still need to be verified before you can make your first purchase, regardless (address, credit card number, security code). When the transaction goes through it will automatically deduct from the credit balance, that will the case on any device. If your intention was to always have an available balance it would have been better to create an account without a credit card.

Mar 8, 2015 11:59 AM in response to vazandrew

Thank you I follow your suggestions and I rented a movie yesterday. At the beginning I had to wait for a while because I got an error message saying that there was a problem accessing selected movie please wait and try later. I did 15mins after message and the movie starting downloading. Saw the movie and everything went ok. This morning I check my credit balance in iTunes and it had deducted $4.99 out of $25, leaving a balance of 20.01, which is ok. But then I checked out of curiosity my credit card balance and iTunes had charged $1 ?? I didn't read anywhere that I was going to be charged and additional fee??? It is not a big charge but it came out of nowhere directly to my credit card registered in iTunes account. Please could you analyze this case in question and clarify if possible? Thank you for your time and advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.