Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this accessory may not be supported

Hi,

My iphone 5c keeps coming up with this accessory may not be supported when plugged in to the wall charger. I have tried two different chargers and both come up with the same error (brand new chargers). My phone randomly switched its self off and restarted earlier today. The actual operating system within the phone is being slow and freezes when trying to unlock and after unlocking the phone. How do I fix it? Or will I need to take it to apple for a replacement?

Any Help would be grateful

Many Thanks

Jessica

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:40 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 11:39 AM in response to jesstomo12

The problem is your cable, not the charger. You need to use a genuine Apple cable or one that is certified by Apple. All the charger does is provided voltage and current (power) to the device and there is no intelligence in that process. The cable has some intelligence to communicate with the device to determine if the cable is Apple certified.

this accessory may not be supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.