Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import stock quotes into numbers from yahoo finance?

I would like to be able to constantly stream live stock quotes from yahoo finance onto my Numbers spreadsheet. Is this a possibility? I can manually enter stock prices in but this is not what I'm looking for. I'd like to set the url and have it pull the data automatically.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:01 AM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 11:28 AM in response to cereeves8787

See the various posts in this thread.

This isn't real-time streaming. You have to activate a script, either by running it from Script Editor, running it from the menu (either the script menu or, if put in an Automator Service, from the Numbers > Services menu). You could also have a script run automatically every few seconds, but I haven't really needed that.

SG

Nov 4, 2015 9:51 AM in response to ldpenmm

ldpenmm wrote:

Is it possible to explain how you can run a script in numbers?

There's not much to running (as opposed to writing) a script.

1. Copy-paste a script into the Script Editor app (in Applications > Utilities).
  2. Click the triangle 'run' button.

I would be happy to also import data from yahoo in numbers.

There's a link above to a thread where this is discussed. If after trying the scripts there you find you are having trouble then you can start a new thread.

SG

How do I import stock quotes into numbers from yahoo finance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.