Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i downgrade from safari 8 to safari 7? any reason NOT to do this? A bank I deal with cannot support safari 8.

Is it possible to have both Safari 8 and Safari 7 browsers ... am i asking for trouble trying to do this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 8:31 AM

15 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:46 AM in response to theDudleyDoRight

Someone at your bank is a complete moron. Specifically, their webmaster. There's no reason whatsoever why you couldn't do in Safari 8 what version 7 does. The only reason it wouldn't is said moron wrote the site to detect what browser you're using and refuse to operate unless certain types of browsers and the version s/he wants to look for is present.

Personally, I'd find a different bank.

Mar 6, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Kurt Lang wrote:

Someone at your bank is a complete moron. Specifically, their webmaster. There's no reason whatsoever why you couldn't do in Safari 8 what version 7 does. The only reason it wouldn't is said moron wrote the site to detect what browser you're using and refuse to operate unless certain types of browsers and the version s/he wants to look for is present.

Personally, I'd find a different bank.

QFT. LOL! 😉

Mar 6, 2015 1:04 PM in response to Sparkleberry

Sparkleberry wrote:

We'll know shortly. Besides, there is a high probability that the moron ™ would fall for it.

Kurt LangThe only reason it wouldn't is said moron ™ wrote the site to detect what browser you're using and refuse to operate unless certain types of browsers and the version s/he wants to look for is present.

The only reason I'd try that is as part of transferring my money away from this bank — if they're this bad with their public-facing security requirements, then I'd wonder whether their internal systems and processes and practices might be worse. In short:run away, run away.

how do i downgrade from safari 8 to safari 7? any reason NOT to do this? A bank I deal with cannot support safari 8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.