Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera help with iOS 8.1.2

The new iOS update from 8.1.2 on is not compatible with an iPhone 4s camera. How do I fix this? Can I downgrade the software to make it compatible again? I'm going to a concert tomorrow and I really want to take pictures!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:51 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 10:38 AM in response to acomeau

The iOS 8.1.2 level is compatible with the iPhone 4s camera. If you are having problems it is probably due to another cause. Note that you cannot downgrade iOS levels but this wouldn't help anyway.

Try the following troubleshooting steps in order.

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). No data will be lost.

Restore: Connect your device to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

See here: Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If none of these work your device may have developed a hardware problem. Contact Apple Support: http://www.apple.com/contact/

Camera help with iOS 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.