Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my Time Capsule to show up in finder?

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:57 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:57 AM in response to efseal

An alternate, and simpler method for most users is to open any Finder window, then look for the Time Capsule icon under the Shared heading on the left side of the window.

When you click on the Time Capsule icon, a folder......named "Data", unless you have changed the name of the drive.....will appear to the right.

Double-click "Data" to mount the Time Capsule drive on the desktop, where you can now drag/drop or copy/paste data to the drive.

If the Time Capsule does not appear under the Shared heading when you open a Finder window......then you are likely using the Yosemite operating system on your Mac, and it will take some work to find it.

In that case, Niel's method might be the better way to go.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.