Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk utility stopped repairing macintosh hd

I tried to install windows 10 iso by using bootcamp. During the disk partitioning for windows, its shown "your disk couldn't be partitioned". then i tried solve by using disk utility and click verify disk. At the time of verifing result shown in another dialog box"disk utility stopped repairing macintosh hd".

"disk utility stopped repairing macintosh hd".-This disk needs to be repaired using the Recovery HD. Restart your computer, holding down the Command key and the R key until you see the Apple logo. When the OS X Utilities window appears, choose Disk Utility.

I tried those method also but after restarting the mac i checked disk utility with verify disk then again same dialog box with same message shown.

How can I solve this error.

Thanks,

Arun

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:27 AM

11 replies

Mar 6, 2015 9:51 AM in response to arunachalamfromtanjore

When in disk utilities are you running a verify of the boot volume? Or is there a partition that you are trying to verify. Verifying a disk repairs nothing. If it. needs repaired ,you should have gotten a message that the disk/Name of disk/ could not be verified. When you ran the repair in recovery mode, did it tell you that the volume Mackintosh HD appears to be OK? Or something else? Window 10 requires a minimum of 16GB of free disk space to install. Is it posable your disk is too full? Did you try to repair permissions?

Mar 6, 2015 10:41 AM in response to arunachalamfromtanjore

Are you using FileVault? If you are ,you need to go to system preferences /security FileVault and turn it off. It will take some time to do this so do not turn off the computer till it finishes. Then go to recovery and repair the drive and permissions. Run it till it comes back as appears to be ok. If this is not the case and you keep getting this error. You might need to backup files and erase your drive and reinstall.

Mar 7, 2015 9:50 AM in response to arunachalamfromtanjore

Are you trying to install Widows 10 from a usb thumb or flash drive? And install it through bootcamp to your internal drive? Or are you trying to make a bootable external windows 10 drive? What media is the windows 10 software on?The message you are getting is form creating a bootable windows 10 drive. That usb drive has to be formatted for fat 32. It cannot be mac formatted.https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203909 If you have the windows iso on your mac and the usb 16gb drive is getting errors you should try erasing the flash drive or whatever it is and formatting it for windows. Then go through the setup again in bootcamp https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5819?locale=en_US

Disk utility stopped repairing macintosh hd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.