Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do read my i messages ? Which screen do i search for them?

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:39 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 1:58 PM in response to tomvaltas

Hi,

On a Mac launch the Messages App.

This can join 5 different services and one is the iMessages Service run by Apple.

When you run the app for the first time it normally asks you for an Apple ID to use with iMessages.

That done you can access the Messages Menu > Preferences > Accounts.

It will list two accounts, iMessages and Bonjour.

Bonjour is normally not Active but is used to connect to other Macs on your LAN (home or work network).

With the + icon at the bottom of the list you can choose to add AIM/AOL, Jabber (Google and Facebook chat) and Yahoo accounts as well if you want.

By default the app shows one Main Window which is the Chat window and interface to access Buddies (the Add On accounts and Bonjour) or Contacts (Those people in the Contacts App which are like to use Apple IDs or iPhone Numbers with the iMessages service).

You can link an iPhone to iMessages by going to Settings > Messages and Enabling the app.

This adds the iPhone Number as an iMessages ID.

Once it has verified you can Add the same Apple ID as the Mac and then the iMessages will sync (well at least Display) on all devices.

User uploaded file

9:58 pm Friday; March 6, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.