Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut X motion blur issue

When working in motion with an mobject, the scene/movement is not blurred. When I render the scene to a .mov file it is not blurred when viewing the .mov. But when putting the motion generator OR the .mov file in final cut, the movement is blurred.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? How can I turn off the blur in Final Cut X?

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 11:58 AM

1 reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:17 PM in response to chriscon

Not sure how you would make these adjustments in FCPX to a Motion project.

You control motion blur in the Motion canvas or project settings. See the Inspector.

From the motion help, render settings:

Render options

• Color: A pop-up menu that sets whether to output Color channels (RGB only, with no transparency), Alpha channel only, or Color + Alpha (RGB with transparency).Note: Only some codecs support embedded alpha channels. If you’re outputting to a codec that doesn’t support alpha channels, no alpha channel is saved, regardless of the option you choose in this pop-up menu.
  • Premultiply Alpha: A checkbox that mixes (via multiplication) semitransparent pixels with the project’s background in the exported file (when the project’s background color is black).
  • Render Quality: A pop-up menu that sets a Render Quality: Best, Normal, Draft, or Custom. The Render Quality setting affects the image quality of specific effects but not the image as a whole. Choosing a lower render quality reduces render times, while choosing a higher render quality improves the quality of output. For more information, see Canvas view options.
  • Fields: A pop-up menu that sets whether to render individual fields. Options include On (interlaced), Off (progressive), and “Use canvas setting.”
  • Motion Blur: A pop-up menu that sets whether to apply motion blur to moving objects. The options are On, Off, or “Use canvas setting.”
  • Frame Blending: A pop-up menu that sets whether to render frame blending to output smoother, higher-quality slow motion in your project. The options are On, Off, or “Use canvas setting.”

final cut X motion blur issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.