Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging out of apple id w/o knowing password

I have two apple id's. One of the id's is associated with an old, no longer active, email account. This is the account that i am signed into on my iPhone. However I want to use my most current apple id (i.e. one that has my current email address associated with it). The dilemma I face is that when i try to sign out of my apple id on my phone that has the old email address; it asks for me to enter my password. I don't recall that password and do not have it written down anywhere. Then when I try to recall the password online, it asks for my birthday, but when i enter it i am notified what i entered is wrong (even though it is technically correct) - a myriad of issues, i know. Furthermore, i cannot have apple send an email to reset the password to that email account because it was disabled because it was compromised.

With that said, how can log out of this id with out being able to reset, or remember the associated password? Or is there a work around/solution I am overlooking

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, Apple id

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:14 PM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2015 11:33 AM in response to djevisuals

Good day djevisuals,

So it sounds as if your issue can be addressed by getting the password to that Apple ID reset. You will then be able to sign out of that Apple ID on the iPhone and then enter your newer Apple ID, is that correct?

Please use the steps in this article to help you reset the Apple ID password -

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

It appears from your post you have already tried several of the options mentioned, and there is no need to attempt them again. Two possibilities remain, however -

Use two-step verification

1. Enter your Recovery Key.
  2. Choose a trusted device. We'll send your device a verification code.
  3. Enter the verification code.
  4. Set a new password and select Reset Password.

If you never set up two-step verification, go on to the next step -

Get help

Make sure that you’re entering the correct Apple ID. In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. If these steps didn't help you change your password, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

Logging out of apple id w/o knowing password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.