Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th Gen 'connect to iTunes' screen dilemma?

I'm in a little bit of a pickle here.

I submitted a question about this not too long ago, and for the same exact problem, but this time, it's a little ... different?

About a month or so ago, I bought a brand new 5th gen. touch through QVC. After setting it up, I attempted to install the recommended update (8.1.3) through iTunes. After it made the attempt, I got the 3014 error code, and a fun surprise to go with it. I was now unable to even restore my iPod, as it was permanently stuck on the "connect to iTunes" screen.

I tried absolutely everything - hard reset, resetting the host file, using a different computer, everything I could seem to find just wouldn't work.

So, I contacted QVC, and was lucky enough to get them to send me a replacement.

Now, you'd think common sense would kick in here. "Don't update your iPod with your computer, just don't do it!" Right? Nope. I didn't have a whole lot of experience with any Apple products, so I wasn't aware that you didn't actually have to use your computer to update.

Tried it again, and I'm now stuck in the same position I was last time. Brand new iPod, just like the last one, so I don't imagine it's a hardware issue.

S.O.S, send help?

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2, null

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:43 AM

6 replies

Mar 15, 2015 2:47 AM in response to letssellthekids

Just a quick update, in case anyone else is having this problem:

I did a bit more digging, and thanks to the modern marvel that is online forums, I found out about thisprogram called ReiBoot.

I'm normally healthily suspicious of downloading any programs like that, but, I had nothing else to lose at this point.

I'm super pleased to say that within seconds, it had my iPod out of recovery mode and back to normal. 🙂

Thanks again for all the advice, though!

5th Gen 'connect to iTunes' screen dilemma?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.