Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical crash and stuck on upgrading calendars

Since I tried to merge iCloud calendar events with ones on my mac, i had ical crash innumerable times. Everything was gone at first. I got a 400 error which went away after i force quit a few times and got rid of some plist files. Looking at other posts, I have thrown away folder in library and plists. I see the right calendars on the left side but it is hanging on update now. At least I got ical to open but still not usable. it still has the candy cane task bar and so i don't think it is actually doing anything. I need to give up and try to install from a backup. I'll loose a few weeks or so but hopefully the phone will sync those items back. not sure how to go about doing that. especially since ical won't restart fully. I am ready to wipe everything clean and go to a backup but I don't know:

1) how to stop Ical from doing the updated calendar bar.

or

2) if i ever get it to stop, how to do a clean reinstall of ical.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Ziggy,

Backup your iCloud Calendars, and disconnect from the internet.

Quit Calendar, then paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2015 2:13 PM in response to ziggyman

Ziggy,

Backup your iCloud Calendars, and disconnect from the internet.

Quit Calendar, then paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

ical crash and stuck on upgrading calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.