Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks display discrepancy on two iPads

I have two iPads: #1 older second-gen, #2 new iPad Air. Both iOS 8.1.3 with iBooks version 4.1.1. Settings for iBooks are identical on each iPad.

Sample book (A Feast for Crows) on each displays differently. Same font (Palatino) at same size, which I'm judging by line ends. However, there are two notable differences:

a) #1 has slightly more white space between lines, making it infinitely easier to read.

b) #2 does not show how many pages are left in the current chapter, a very useful piece of information. It only shows page # of ##.

Why would there be this discrepancy? Has anyone else experienced it?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 9:27 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2015 10:48 AM in response to JimHdk

It's strange. Other books on my iPad Air show the number of pages remaining in a chapter, but not this one. But even when it shows the page numbers, the spacing between lines is quite noticeable.

I noticed the list of fonts on the Air shows Original as one of the choices, whereas, the older iPad does not.

In the list of fonts on both iPads, three of them (Athelas, Charter and Seravek) have a download-from-the-Cloud icon. What's the significance of that?

iBooks display discrepancy on two iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.