Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering previous saves.

In the old days of FCP7 I used to use the "save as" function all the time to save versions of a project for safety reasons e.g. A1,A2,A3 etc so I could go back to a previous, earlier version in an emergency or crash. I just edited a project on FCPx and for whatever reason it disappeared, a completely empty time line, gone for good,kaput. Am I correct in thinking that you cannot recover a previous version autosaved at an earlier time? Do you by definition lose the whole project and have to start again? Luckily in this case it wasn't important.

My second more trivial question is whether there is a command to push forward or backwards on the time line a whole clip?At the moment I am using the Position tool but its a bit clumsy doing it this way.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Mar 6, 2015 10:04 AM

8 replies

Mar 7, 2015 3:13 AM in response to Alchroma

i presume you must manually choose to snapshot a project, whenever you want. Is it an actual technical copy of the project in every respect? My problem was a result of a blunder on my part. The open backup library was of no use because it went back a full 90 minutes before and of course I hadn't even started the project at that time. I presume Pro Versiioner could be set to back up every 5 minutes ( not that I'd need to really) and in my case I could have reverted back to the project 5 minutes before. What I can't understand is why in FCP X you have to look for a backup of a whole library and NOT just a single event.

Recovering previous saves.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.